Home / News

Hullbridge fight back in second half to stun Blues

Tuesday 10th December

Hullbridge staged a remarkable second half fightback to take the points from this league match at the Brentwood Arena on Tuesday night. It was a great disappointment for Brentwood who had led 3-0 at half time, an advantage they held until the 64th minute.

The recovery was started by Hullbridge substitute Joe Wright and the visitors were level by the 73rd minute with two further goals in the space of three minutes through Timothy Monsheju and a stunning strike into the far top corner by Luke Hornsley. Wright then scored his second four minutes from time to win an entertaining encounter on a very wet evening.

Blues had an excellent first half and took the lead in the sixth minute through Anthony Furlonge’s header from a corner although they needed a point blank save by Tim Brown two minutes later to keep out Hornsley’s close range effort.

Brentwood caught Hullbridge on the break on a number of occasions and Reneil Batlokwa set up the second goal for Sewa Marah in the 27th minute, the forward’s fourth goal since his recent arrival at The Arena. Batlokwa then provided another assist, his well-timed through pass finding Connor Hogan who beat visiting keeper Lewis Greene to make it 3-0 just before half time.

Brentwood Town: Brown, Milner, Pugsley (Salami 46), Freeman, Kemsley, Edwards, Furlonge, Hogan, Marah (Babalola 71), Wiggins (Campbell 68), Batlokwa.

Match Videos

Brentwood Town FC Match Videos

Match Galleries

Brentwood Town FC Match Galleries

Sponsorship Available

Want to get involved and sponsor a team or player? Get in touch.

Sponsorship Packages Available

Looking to promote your business in conjunction with Brentwood Town Football Club? Then why not purchase one of our popular commercial packages. We have some great options available to suit all types of budget.
Find Out More...

Our web site uses cookies in order to give you the finest experience possible. You can learn more about this here.