The original Brentwood Town FC dates back to the 19th century!
The club saw great success in those early days, reaching the quarter-finals of the FA Cup in 1886. Sadly, they were beaten 3-1 by Blackburn Rovers, but it was a great accolade to have made it that far.
In the 1950s and 1960s the club operated as Brentwood & Warley FC and were 3 times winners of the Delphian League. In 1965 the club turned ‘professional’ becoming Brentwood Town FC once more.
The 60s and 70s saw great success for the club as they rapidly rose to the heights of non-league football. Brentwood Town became a force to be reckoned with in the Southern League Premier Division, reaching the third round proper of the FA Cup in the 1969/70 season. Following their successful run the club subsequently folded and amalgamated with Chelmsford City.
The current club was founded in 1954 as Manor Athletic playing from St George’s Playing Fields in Hartswood. The years that followed saw many club names, locations and leagues with plenty of highs and lows.
With help from the local council, Brentwood finally found a home of their own at The Brentwood Centre, where they played their first match in October 1993. In 2004 the Essex County FA officially gave the club permission to change its name and re-adopt the title of Brentwood Town FC – a proud moment for all involved!