It’s been 7 months now since the start of Project 3G and an exciting new era for Brentwood Football Club to get a 3G pitch at The Arena as part of our longstanding strategy to make the club a sustainable business at the heart of our community.
Brentwood Town truly believe that the 3G pitch will be an invaluable asset for the local area, enabling more activity to take place to support the health and wellbeing of our local community. For the football club itself, a 3G pitch would reduce income lost due to match postponements as well as providing a much-needed significant additional revenue stream. Many businesses have already seen the benefit of joining Brentwood Football Club on this journey of making a difference within the community. This includes Barry Hearn, from Matchroom Sport who is a major sponsor of this campaign.
While funding meetings are continuing, the club have been busy in other areas this season and below are a few of our off the pitch milestones:
· Project 3G presented to Essex Chamber of Commerce at Matchroom HQ in July by Jez Dickinson
· Project 3G introduced to BBC Essex Sport by Steve Linton in August
· FA Cup Match with the Mayor of Brentwood in attendance in August
· Sportsman’s Dinner at Greenwoods in October
· Celebrity Charity Football Match in November
· Go Fund Me - Brentwood Town's Community Football Future in November
· Brentwood Business Awards Runner up in Best Community Engagement Award
· Article in The Non-League Paper by Jez Dickinson in December
· Twitter/X has grown since the summer by 250 followers to 9.150 and we now have the 4th biggest following in the division behind Lowestoft Town, Bury Town and Maldon & Tiptree.
· Instagram we have now hit 2,259 followers with 80 added in the month of November alone
· Facebook 1,044 with 32 new followers again in November (this could be down to the Charity Celebrity Match)
· The club has a dedicated camera man videoing home matches and some away games to share through various platforms
We have partnered with Phoenix FM to promote both matches and Project 3G to the local community so keep your eyes peeled or ears to the ground.
The most important contribution of all comes from the loyal sponsors, businesses and most of all, the extremely loyal and generous supporter base this club is proud to have. A Big Thank You goes to every one of them.
We’d like to take this opportunity to wish everybody and their families a fantastic festive period and a healthy 2024.
Up The Blues